About me

umeå, västerbotten, Sweden
Girl who wishes to live in a castle at the mountain Montserrat but probably will stay put in a bigger city for later going in peace on the countryside. Loves to play with words, and pictures, telling stories. My story begins in Umeå and will finish who knows where, since I love waking up in new places.

Blogarchive



måndag 10 september 2018

The meaning of freedom

Freedom has a quite wide meaning, and changes to whom you are talking to. Some might think that it is to have your own money, not paying millions in taxes as we do here in Sweden, other people think it is the right to speak your mind, and other just to have the basic needs covered, to be able to be a part of your country.

For me it's the last, to have my basic needs covered (school, healthcare that works) but also the right to speak my mind. If there were no system to support you when you´re in trouble, probably many of us would end up in alienation, which we still do sometimes and the system only picks up some pieces of you. It´s up to us to use it, but also support it!

Yes, I´m quite leftie in this way, and thinking about freedom in this election is quite interesting. This because in sweden we have a system that supports those who need it, but no fully always. This because the right winged parties changed it to a system where you are forced to take care of yourself, and I don´t believe in this. I don´t believe in forcing people out, I don´t believe in taking care of yourself when you´re in a vulnerable place since I have been there.

Imagine, you´re sitting on needles while there are bureaucracy (in this case the Swedish social insurance agency) deciding whether your suppose to get some help or not, poked by people around because you can't take care of yourself. It makes me think about us scarely close to wild anmials, picking on the weakest, letting them degrate. It makes me wanna puke, and it´s going on everywhere, because we are only thinking about ourselves. ´I wan't to succeed, I want money, power, glory!´

But in exchange for what? When you´re old you probably rethink you´re choices, when you´re in a need for help, just like you did when you had a change-of-heart and go for a society where everything should be own by capitalists, just so you can have a bigger paycheck.

Inga kommentarer: