About me

umeå, västerbotten, Sweden
Girl who wishes to live in a castle at the mountain Montserrat but probably will stay put in a bigger city for later going in peace on the countryside. Loves to play with words, and pictures, telling stories. My story begins in Umeå and will finish who knows where, since I love waking up in new places.

Blogarchive



tisdag 10 juli 2018

Real girls, real music

I just discovered a new band HAIM and I'm so in love with their music, it's happy, energetic and deep, all at the same time. And the music resembles something of a mix between Michael Jackson and the 80's beat, with drums and some funk. And the best thing is that they looks just like any girl, and inspires me to one day actually do music of my own.

Never did that much besides writing some lyrics and singing, but I can't play any instrument because of my short sausage fingers. I tried learning to play the guitar, but not really commited, well, I was for a while, but I was learning too slow and got frustrated. I guess singing is my instrument, and writing is my tool.

If I would do music, I would do something inspired by HAIM, probably with some easy means, because that's the way I like it. The simple but also complex rhythms, that bring emotion right to your heart. If you see this clip you'll have to watch it til the end, when they are playing the drums and singing together.


Inga kommentarer: