About me

umeå, västerbotten, Sweden
Girl who wishes to live in a castle at the mountain Montserrat but probably will stay put in a bigger city for later going in peace on the countryside. Loves to play with words, and pictures, telling stories. My story begins in Umeå and will finish who knows where, since I love waking up in new places.

Blogarchive



tisdag 7 augusti 2018

Lighthouses in Gotland

I learned so much about em lighthouses, in Gotland. It was so fascinating hearing about stories about them and the people who used to live there, and their lifes in such a isolated place. I mean, I also felt isolated in the way that there were no signal, and no way to get in touch with the outer world. And to be so connected with the outer world, and not being able to be conncted was a real frustration. After a while a started questioning my frustration, and finally I forgot about it, how can you not with these amazing views? Guess its all about adapting.

The lighthouses we visited was the one in southern Gotland in Hoburg, and the one at Stora Karls ö. Now every time I see a flickering light in the night that reminds me about a lighthouse I wonder which one it is because every one has their certain light signal, everyone has their own history, of harsh work in isolated places, their own communities. Most of them are now electrified, and some are out of use because of GPS (though they dont work since there are places with no signal, like in Gotland). Lets hope the ones who still stand will show their light for many more years, reminding of the past and guidning us in our paths.

Countryroad take us home. Djupvik, Gotland, 2018-08-01.


 Lighthouse, Hoburg, 2018-08-02.

Lighthouse, Stora Karls ö, Gotland, 2018-08-04.




Me tryin for a kiss in the sunset, Djupvik, 2018-08-01.




Inga kommentarer: